Conn options for db2part operator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Conn options for db2part operator

Post by bcarlson »

I have a job that is writing large volumes to a remote DB2 (UDB) database. The DataStage framework has been installed on the target database nodes and we have been able to do some preliminary loads to the database.

Job is: TDConnector (read) -> DB2EntStage (load)

I have added a sort stage to the job in between the read and the write. I would like to use the DB2 partitioner here in the sort stage, and then use same partitioning going into the DB2 load stage. Now, I am getting errors that the db2part operator cannot connect to the database.
Sort_Data.Teradata_Table_Read_Part: Error Idx = 1;
DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "3"
("PASSWORD MISSING"). SQLSTATE=08001
;
sqlcode = -30082;
sqlstate = 08001 [db2utils.C:249]
I have specified the instance and the database name, in addition to the tablename. However, I cannot find where you specify the userid and password.

A few questions:

1. In the Partition/Collections Properties window, I specified the database and table, but which instance does it need? The client instance (local) or the server instance (remote)?
2. Where do I put userid and password? This is required for the DB2 Enterprise stage, but I do not find any options anywhere in this partitioner window to specify them.

Thanks!

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Has anyone used a DB2 partitioner before against a remote database? It does not have options (in the GUI) to se username and password, so how do you set it up? We did discover that the OSH has those parameters, but for some reason they were left out of the stage in the GUI. Makes no sense...

Brad.
debrujr
Participant

Post by debrujr »

Anything ever determined on this? I tried to perform the same partitioning and run into the same issue..... DS 8.1.0.0
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

When we talked to IBM, they said it was a known issue and sent us a custom 'db2part' operator with the necessary options. If you talk to IBM, the PMR we used is 34835,370,000.

Brad.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

By the way, we did run into one issue/bug. The client (local) DB2 instance was a different version than the server (remote) instance, and so we had to explicitly set the DB2INSTANCE environment variable to point to the remote instance.

We brought this up as an issue with IBM because other DB2 stages do not have this issue. Don't know if they were going to fix this or not.

Brad.
debrujr
Participant

Post by debrujr »

bcarlson wrote:When we talked to IBM, they said it was a known issue and sent us a custom 'db2part' operator with the necessary options. If you talk to IBM, the PMR we used is 34835,370,000.

Brad.
Perfect! Sending an email now. Thank you!