Fix Pack 1 installation Failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajaykumar
Participant

Fix Pack 1 installation Failed

Post by ajaykumar »

Hi Folks,

Today i tried to install the Fix Pack 1 on our Server

But i went fine untill some time and after that i got aborted with this Error.

IpatchInstaller92157: Execute file actions
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/MetadataServer.sh permission denied.

But i am installing the Fix pack with Root Access.

how to resolve this issue. what to do now?

what are the ways that i can revert it back. The server is down now.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

As the error log says:Pls check the unix permissions of MetadataServer.sh and then check if the userid used to execute this script has the permission on this script.

Sreeni
ajaykumar
Participant

FP 1 Error

Post by ajaykumar »

Hi thanks for your reply, But i am installing the FP1 by using root Access and even the file has 777 permissions.
Sreenivasulu wrote:As the error log says:Pls check the unix permissions of MetadataServer.sh and then check if the userid used to execute this script has the permission on this script.

Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The usual security problem with MetadataServer.sh is usually the file ../MetadataServer.info which is heavily protected (-rw-------). You may need to check who is the owner of this file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.