User tracking in dsimport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

babbu
Participant

User tracking in dsimport

Post by babbu »

Hi

There is an issue in my project. Someone has imported an old set of code into QA and it has overwritten the new code as the names of the jobs are same.

When I get to check the advanced properties tab in find of the designer with the job name i can see last modified as my uid but I did not do that.

A misuse of my id has happened. Is there any option from where I can track the person's ip who has done the import using my id.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe so. Let's see what others think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I understand your issue. User management and security is quite less in datastage compared to other ETL tools like Informatica.

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even Informatica could not detect identity theft of this kind. You should be able to narrow it down fairly easily - who knows your password? Or who has/had access to your computer when you left it logged in?

(There's a certain pattern here.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.