Journaling AS/400 tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Boris69
Premium Member
Premium Member

Journaling AS/400 tables

Post by Boris69 »

Is it possible to move data into AS/400 table and do not have it under journal control? I need to move data as fast as I can with truncate first , so no need for journaling.

thanks a lot
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds more like a DBA question. If you ask them and let us know the syntax you would need for that, we can help you get it into the stage properly...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I am guessing this is a one time load. If yes then work with your dba to turn journaling off, do your load and then he can turn it on.
If this operation will be required at all subsequent loads as well then you can ask your dba to create a jcl which can be invoked via your scheduling tool that turns it off and on, before and after your job respectively.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Boris69
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Boris69 »

DSguru2B wrote:I am guessing this is a one time load. If yes then work with your dba to turn journaling off, do your load and then he can turn it on.
If this operation will be required at all subsequent loads as well then you can ask your dba to create a jcl which can be invoked via your scheduling tool that turns it off and on, before and after your job respectively.

I can turn journaling OFF, that's not an issue. I want to do it. The issue is that if file is not under journal I am getting error message in datastage that tables is not eligible for operation