Oracle Connector Stage issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prashanth.spl
Participant

Oracle Connector Stage issue

Post by prashanth.spl »

Hi,

I am using Oracle connector as source and using RCP. Job is failing with the following error.

Oracle_Connector_8: [IIS-CONN-ORA-001034] The connector could not validate the input schema. Specify at least one column in the input schema. (CC_OraRecordDataSetProducer::setDataSetDef, file CC_OraRecordDataSetProducer.cpp, line 1,809)

We cannot use RCP in Oracle connector? Anyone faced this type of issue?

Thanks,
Prashanth
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no idea if this is the issue or not, but there seem to have been quite a number of patches for Connectors from what I've read here - are you up-to-date on your fix packs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

Yes Chulett. We have updated with 8.1 fix pack recently in our AIX O/S.
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Yes you could use RCP with the Oracle connector. Just keep in mind that when using RCP the connector:

- Matches columns in the select statement against the columns in the output link by name, NOT by position ( You might need use an alias to match the columns' names)

- Drop any output link columns not mapped

And a couple of others rules ....
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

Hi JRodriguez,

i have a template job.

Oracle Connector --->Copy--->Oracle Connector

Both source and target tables having same structure in different databases. In job i am nowhere deriving any column.

we will just pass the tablename at runtime to load the data from one databse to another database using RCP.

Thanks,
Prashanth
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

prashanth.spl wrote:updated with 8.1 fix pack recently in our AIX O/S.
Check to see if you have also applied the 3 rollup patches. I believe these came out after the fix pack. One of the 3 rollup patches was specifically for connectors.

Here's the patch description:
Roll-up Patch 1 for Common Connectivity contains multiple fixes to the Common Connector Framework, ODBC Connector, WebSphere MQ Connector, Teradata Connector, DB2 Connector, Oracle Connector, and Connector Migration Tool components of Information Server Version 8.1, Fix Pack 1.
Mike