Input Buffer Overrun problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RK72
Participant

Input Buffer Overrun problem

Post by RK72 »

I am trying to read a sequential file in parallel job containing 182 fields and when I run it 1073 records are getting rejected while reading with the error message "Input buffer overrun at field "prior_sex_conv"" and "Import warning at record 5555.".When I try to read 181 fields its working properly it reads all the records.When I try to make Record delimter as end only 82 records are rejected.But increasing the length of last field to LongVarchar or length is not helping.The file is created successfully in server job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the record delimiter used in the file? What is the record delimiter specified on the Format tab?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RK72
Participant

Post by RK72 »

Thanks Ray I resolved it.Its a pipe delimited file with DOS new line terminator.Its actually a problem with the quote being defined as the quote is coming as apart of the field and sequential file stage was not able to read it.I made the delimiter as ~ and quote as ! which resolved the problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A more technically accurate solution is probably to set the quote character to none.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Having the same problem

Post by dganeshm »

I have the same problem , but am getting the error when the last field is null , when the last field has a value it works fine, but when the last field doesnt have a value then it gives me the Input Buffer Overrun Problem.. please advice.
Regards,
Ganesh