Monitor is not closing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Monitor is not closing

Post by myukassign »

I have an unusual situation here.

I have a job, I ran the job from Designer. The job shows completed in Director, I saw the logs, everything looks fine.

But When I check the monitor of the same job, the stages still shows its running. The performance statistics in designer is still on "blue lines" its not changed to "green"

I am wondering how can this happen? Has anyone faced this issue.

Please can anyone share why this is happening.

Many thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you close the monitor and recompile the job? If the recompile fails then there is at least one process still running which is preventing the monitor from detecting that the job has ended. Does the job do anything out of the ordinary? Are there before- or after-job routines being called?
myukassign
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by myukassign »

Ari.. I recompiled the job and it did successfully.

You know what that job does, I wanted to read whole text file content in a string.

So I have none as final delimiter and give ~ as column delimiter where both are not possible and write that to a peak.

I re run the job and its showing the same behavior again.

Fine we can ignore as it is not a burning issue to me, but I was very curious how this can happen, monitor not showing how many rows processed its still running stages there, but director is happily saying job completed with the output.

No before/after routine either.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Try stopping and starting the jobmonitor

Regards
Sreeni