Row count not matching between DS and toad

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Row count not matching between DS and toad

Post by devnhi »

When i run the ds job I am getting 1.8 M . When i run the same sql on Toad its getting 2.4M (Correct count). DataStage not showing error in the logs and its not suppressing any logs. Please help me in the above issue
anbu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anbu »

Check whether you have any constraints in sql or in transformer stages
You are the creator of your destiny - Swami Vivekananda
jagadish9
Participant

Post by jagadish9 »

I have validated all the date constraints. I have pasted the same sql in toad and DS and there is no constraints on Transformer. The records were missing in the ODBC stage it self. Source DB is Oracle.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Is it the same database? Is it the same database schema? Are they both running under the same user account? Is it the exact same SQL including use of inner/outer joins? Is DataStage reading 2.4M rows but writing out 1.8M rows due to a constraint?
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

The logs shows the correct value. But if the job finishes with warnings then it does not show the correct value.

You cannot rely on the count shown in the links since they might be inconsistent even for a job finishing without warnings

Regards
Sreeni
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You need a reject link on the stage that loads to the database.
Mamu Kim