Can we Migrate datastage jobs from LInux to Unix Environment

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can we Migrate datastage jobs from LInux to Unix Environment

Post by praburaj »

Hi All,

I just wanted to know few Information from you. I am planning to Install datastage in Linux Environment. After some time I want to migrate all datastage jobs to Unix Environment.

Is it possible to do that? If it is possible, how to do that?

Please provide all your valuable reply for this
prabakaran.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes it's possible. The usual export/import or Information Server Manager techniques will work. If you've been good, your pathnames are all parameterized, so you may only need to change their default values, or values in values files of parameter sets.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

Thx for your Information ray. I need one more Information. Can you tell me what are all the functions are not common between UNIX and LINUX?
prabakaran.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, because there's no single thing called UNIX (for example there's AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and more) and there's no single thing called Linux (for example there's Red Hat, SuSe and others).

DataStage functions are identical on all platforms as much as possible. The differences are minor, for example based on whether or not the system clock can return microseconds or only milliseconds to the Time() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

thx for your valuable inpurt ray. :)
prabakaran.v
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The older version will always complain or not load a newer version. Like 8.1 can load version 7.5 but not the other way around. There are ways around this that may or may not work. As long as they are close to the same version it should work fine.
Mamu Kim