USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy.vinod
Participant

USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID

Post by reddy.vinod »

Hi All,

I have a issue, and i tried myself to trace the problem but it didn't work.

Issue:- I have a px job and have 3 environments(Dev, Test, Stage). Job running fine in Dev and Test, but it's keep on failing in Stage with below fatal error.

[IIS-CONN-DB2-000004] DB2 function SQLConnect failed: SQLSTATE = 08001: Native Error Code = -30,082: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001 (CC_DB2Connection::connect, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 644)

All the username and password are coming from environment and we don't have any acces to change in Test or Stage. If i pass coreect userid and password while trigggering individual job also i have the same issue.

And next i was imported the job into Dev environment and did the catalog to stage database and ran that job, still have the same issue. but if i run in dev or test, it's running fine.

At the last, i was redesigned a new job and whenever i run it also have the same problem.

Note:- Some other jobs poinitng to stage database are running fine with same credentilas.

I am almost sure that this is not the code issue. Please let me know is it issue with datastage environment or with database.

Thank u in Advance.
VINOD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That message is being returned from DB2. I suggest you concentrate your diagnostic efforts there. For example, has a password expired?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.