Unable to Open SCD stage Properties

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prafull.vn
Participant

Unable to Open SCD stage Properties

Post by prafull.vn »

I am not able to view properties on SCD stage. I am working on DS 8.1 Parallel. Its happening only with SCD stage. I am able to do so on some other computer. So it seems to be installation issue on my computer. Can some one help to resole this issue... Thanks.
Prafull
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

Your SCD Stage window may be opening up off-screen. Does DataStage appear to lock up? If so, the next time the properties window doesn't open, try pressing Alt-Tab to see the list of open applications. If you see an unknown window, select it and then move it back onto your screen. Since you can't use a mouse off screen, you will have to use the keyboard keys to do it:

1. Press Alt-tab until you are on the screen that won't display.
2. Press Alt-Spacebar for the screen menu (you won't be able to see the menu since the window is off the screen).
3. Choose M for Move
4. Use the arrow keys to move it on to your screen. Try all arrow keys since you don't know which side of the screen your window may be.
prafull.vn
Participant

Post by prafull.vn »

BradMiller wrote:Your SCD Stage window may be opening up off-screen. Does DataStage appear to lock up? If so, the next time the properties window doesn't open, try pressing Alt-Tab to see the list of open applications. If you see an unknown window, select it and then move it back onto your screen. Since you can't use a mouse off screen, you will have to use the keyboard keys to do it:

1. Press Alt-tab until you are on the screen that won't display.
2. Press Alt-Spacebar for the screen menu (you won't be able to see the menu since the window is off the screen).
3. Choose M for Move
4. Use the arrow keys to move it on to your screen. Try all arrow keys since you don't know which side of the screen your window may be.
Thanks Brad ... I think it was the same issue and it got resolved ... Some things can be really simple... and you unnecessarily think for complex solutions .. :)
Prafull