Irreconcilable constraints on the number of partitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HariD
Participant

Irreconcilable constraints on the number of partitions

Post by HariD »

Hi,

I have a single Dataset as my target in one job, when I run it, getting the following error.
main_program: Fatal Error: There are irreconcilable constraints on the number of
partitions of an operator: parallel APT_DBExportOperator in oraCdmInvoiceIncidentRej.
The number of partitions is already constrained to 2,
but an eSame partitioned input virtual dataset produced by
parallel APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S124_Ppp_Job_Str_Invoice_Incident_Ext1_trfValidation in trfValidation has 1.
This step has 31 datasets:
The error saying that, it has 31 datasets but my job has only one Dataset.
I don't understand what does it mean.
Please throw some light on this and give solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to gain a bit more of an understanding of the Orchestrate framework. A virtual Data Set is associated with every link of the job - take a closer look at the score to see what I mean, even though in the score they're generically named (DS0, DS1, DS2 and so on) you can ascertain the associated descriptor file names from the Data Sets section of the score.

As to the actual error message, check oraCdmInvoiceIncidentRej more thoroughly. Is there an unexpected collector here? Is there a node pool in use? Are you forcing - perhaps through propagated partitioning or a Same algorithm - a naturally sequential stage to try (and fail) to execute on two nodes?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.