An error occurred while loading the DB2 library entry points

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

Hello,

I had a parallel job that was working yesterday, made some small changes, and re-ran the job and recieved this error:
main_program: Fatal Error: You may need to add the path to the DB2 client library ALGN to the appropriate environment variable. Refer to the connector documentation for more information.
*ALGN is the table schema I am using.

Could someone please tell me what this means? I ran other jobs with the same table schema in them and it was successful...
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It sounds like you need to bind the library. Is this the first time you have used DB2 on this installation or was this something that had already worked in the past?
kamesh
Participant

Post by kamesh »

I am also getting same error. I have been using Db2 in my jobs for a long time. Recently i have created scheudle for my sequencer and getting following error. If i run sequencer individuallly it is working.. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this

Next_Business_Date: An error occurred while loading the DB2 library entry points.
main_program: Fatal Error: You may need to add the path to the DB2 client library libdb2.a(shr_64.o) to the appropriate environment variable. Refer to the connector documentation for more information.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The same thoughts that Arnd had just over a year ago.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.