How to use MQ stage after XML stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yogeshhd
Participant

How to use MQ stage after XML stage

Post by yogeshhd »

XML stage is generating xmls and storing in unix system in my job. Instead of storing in unix I want to directly send that file to message queue. I created a output link for the xml output stage and made as input to MQ stage but the job is not writing proper messages into the queue. Please let me know if somebody has used this kind of design approach earlier
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

first, be sure you are comfortable with the MQ stage. Have a test job that sends data from a RowGenerator or Transformer into MQ...be sure you are getting what you want. Best way to practice for XML is to have one large column going into MQ.

second...test sending output direct from XMLOutput. Have a single column on the output link....give it a large length and a single slash in the Description property. Send it to a sequential file with NO formatting (no quote characters and no delimiters)...be sure you are getting what you want.

Then combine them. What happens?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>