timestamp issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinsashi
Participant

timestamp issue

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
my source data is like 2007-10-30 12:48:16.300 i have laoded in to target but data getting like 2007-10-30 12:48:16.000.I am doing simple job MSSQL table1 to MSSQLtable2.i metnioned datatype is timestamp in both source and target.but i am not getting correct data in target ..

Thanks
sasidhar
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Try using extended property microsecond also you may need to define the precision to number of digits in microsecond part.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Yes I have mentioned length as 23 and scale as 3 but i am getting same prob any solution for this.I am using source and target are ODBC stage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Not getting correct data" isn't all that helpful. What exactly are you getting in your target? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

I actually think that this is the bad data the OP is referring to, although it is difficult to discern really from the orignal post.
my source data is like 2007-10-30 12:48:16.300 i have laoded in to target but data getting like 2007-10-30 12:48:16.000
I aslo believe that someone posted and said to set the extended properties of the column, but I think the op thinks that means to set the field to length 23 and scale 3 which would give the results above if the extended properties are not set for microseconds.

To the OP - Please right click on the row (column) in your columns tab and choose "Edit Row" and then verify that the "Extended" (Microseconds) has been selected.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, looks like I missed the example in the original post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers