Running a proj from data stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agpt
Participant

Running a proj from data stage

Post by agpt »

Hi All,

Like we submit a data stage job from unix using dsjob command, how can i submit a project. My project has 10 jobs. have created a sequence too. How do I submit it now? so that all of them run as per their order in sequence?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You submit the jobs ones by one, not 'the project'. Or just run the Sequence job if it handles all of the jobs itself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Thanks!!!!

one more question please, what is extension of jobs like dataset has extension .ds?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They only have an "extension" if they are multi-instance, that's when you add the "dot" and the Invocation Id to the name. Otherwise, it's just the name.
-craig

agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

chulett wrote:They only have an "extension" if they are multi-instance, that's when you add the "dot" and the Invocation Id to the name. Otherwise, it's just the name. ...
Thanks Craig. On this can you please tell me how do I make a job multi instance?
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Open job properties and under General tab there will be a check box called "Allow Multiple Instance". Please enable it. It will create multiple instance jobs. While running, it will ask for invocation id. Finally your job will run as JobName.InvocationID
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Thanks a lot!!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure you understand what that does, jobs typically need to be designed with multi-instance capabilities in mind. There's more to it than simply flipping the switch.
-craig

agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

chulett wrote:Make sure you understand what that does, jobs typically need to be designed with multi-instance capabilities in mind. There's more to it than simply flipping the switch.
Thanks Craig.... Is there any documentation about the same?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Should be. In the 7.x world it was all documented in the manual for the Director client, not sure where it might have ended up in the 8.x world.
-craig

agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

chulett wrote:Should be. In the 7.x world it was all documented in the manual for the Director client, not sure where it might have ended up in the 8.x world. ...
Thanks!!!