INSERT option in ORACLE Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sush26283
Participant

INSERT option in ORACLE Enterprise Stage

Post by sush26283 »

was wondering if anyone can give an insight if there is an INSERT option in the ORACLE Enterprise stage as a WRITE method....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Isn't that the default when you choose direct write over SQL? Doesn't it invoke sqlldr under the covers?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You need to choose the Upsert method, then copy the Update statement into the clipboard and change it to an Update Only method and then paste the Insert statement into the Update field. There is no Insert only method in this stage so you need to trick it. I guess they expected insert only streams to use the load functions rather than inserts. This is fixed in version 8.1 where you can use the Oracle Connector stage to define insert and update statements more easily and with the connector migration tool that lets you convert enterprise stages to connector stages automatically.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's good to know. I always thought it was odd the games you had to play for simple inserts and haven't had a chance yet to work on a system with connector stages yet.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sush26283
Participant

Post by sush26283 »

vmcburney wrote:You need to choose the Upsert method, then copy the Update statement into the clipboard and change it to an Update Only method and then paste the Insert statement into the Update field. There is no Insert only method in this stage so you need to trick it. I guess they expected insert only streams to use the load functions rather than inserts. This is fixed in version 8.1 where you can use the Oracle Connector stage to define insert and update statements more easily and with the connector migration tool that lets you convert enterprise stages to connector stages automatically.
Thanks Man!!!