Jobs in ready state for APT_NO_JOBMON=FALSE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Arpanakhade2009
Participant

Jobs in ready state for APT_NO_JOBMON=FALSE

Post by Arpanakhade2009 »

Read all the APT_NO_JOBMON related posts's to find the reasons why jobs are stuck at ready state.

Verified the below settings but no chnage.

Env. Variable $APT_NO_JOBMON is set to False and value for parameter $APT_NO_JOBMON in DSParams file is:

APT_NO_JOBMON \Parallel/Reporting\3\Boolean\0\2\Project\ Report step description\Disable job monitor

Restarted teh server as well so that parameters could be set properly.

Please suggest.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stuck at ready state is rarely related to the job monitor (which is an independent application) but is usually related to waiting for some resource, such as a large, sorted extraction query to complete or for a database or table lock to be released.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Arpanakhade2009
Participant

Post by Arpanakhade2009 »

This was working fine for previous 3-4 executions with same source data.
Why such behaviour now.

Can you let me knw how i can start JOBMONAP on windows
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

JobMonApp is a Java application. It should be started the same way on Windows as on UNIX (JobMonInit). See this DeveloperWorks article for example.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.