Unix log and Director log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srini.dw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unix log and Director log

Post by srini.dw »

Hi,

We do have DataStage 8.1 running on Linux box.

Few jobs has aborted in the DataStage Director,not able to get much from the Director log.

My Question

If I go and see the aborted job log in Unix, will the log be same or different from the Director log.

BTW job aborted with error
RDBMS code 507: CLI2: BADLOGMECH(507): Requested logon mechanism is not available

This job uses 3 TPT stage with the Immediate mode and inserts into 3 datasets.

Thank You,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHAT "aborted job log in UNIX"? DataStage does not automatically create one of these. Perhaps your designers are writing one. In that case, it is whatever they designed that will be in that log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srini.dw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srini.dw »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Iam into this \&PH\& folder, trying to get any log.

In that folder iam able to see the lot of files names.
DSD.RUN_54751_15552_021242
DSR.ADMINDISPLAY_57373_15550_453503

How to identify for a particular job which ran today i.,e Sept 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM, which is the exact DSD.RUN or DSR.ADMINDISPLAY.

Thank you.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

&PH& will not hold logs similar to what you see in the director. They are in RT_LOGs - assuming you have configured it that way.

Anyhow, it is always better to get from the director.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

SELECT @ID FMT '40L', EVAL "FIELD(@ID,'_',3,1)" CONV 'D-YMD[4,2,2]' FMT '10R' AS RUN_DATE, EVAL "FIELD(@ID,'_',2,1)" CONV 'MTS' FMT '8R' AS RUN_TIME, EVAL "FIELD(@ID,'_',4,1) FMT '8R' AS PID FROM "PH&";
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.