source type dfloat to result type int32

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

source type dfloat to result type int32

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi All,

I am getting below warining message and I have delcared as numeric

When checking operator: When binding output interface field "DUPLICATE_REC_COUNT" to field "DUPLICATE_REC_COUNT": Implicit conversion from source type "dfloat" to result type "int32": Possible range/precision limitation.

Please help me on this ,how to resolve.

Thanks and Reagrds
Srini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

By not mapping a dfloat (which can be an extremely large number) into an int32 (which can't be bigger than about 2,700 million).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
babu manam
Participant

Post by babu manam »

ray.wurlod wrote:By not mapping a dfloat (which can be an extremely large number) into an int32 (which can't be bigger than about 2,700 million). ...
i din't understand plz explain
venu manam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Somewhere there is a large number mapped to a smaller number and it won't all fit. Typically this happens with Aggregator output which, if not explicitly handled, will output its results in dfloat format.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ysrini9
Participant

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi All,

I am getting this warning message if using Aggregator stage output in 8.1

When checking operator: When binding output interface field "DUPLICATE_REC_COUNT" to field "DUPLICATE_REC_COUNT": Implicit conversion from source type "dfloat" to result type "int32": Possible range/precision limitation.

All the places data tpe is interger(10)

Please help me on this

Thanks and Regards
Srini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But it's dfloat within the Aggregator stage.

Investigate the Decimal Output property and the Preserve Data Type property.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
natashab
Participant

Post by natashab »

When performing an aggregation using the aggregator stage,the output column's datatype will be dfloat by default(internally) though you have mentioned the DUPLICATE_REC_COUNT field's datatype as Integer(10) .
So, mention the aggregation field's output datatype as Double(20) and then use a transformer stage to convert it to integer 10.Else this warning will occur.
Last edited by natashab on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

U doesn't have the problem. The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you". U is one of our posters.