Scheduler Error loading connector library libccora10g.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Scheduler Error loading connector library libccora10g.

Post by dougcl »

Hi folks, everything runs fine firing things off from Director manually, but scheduled jobs fail with
Error loading connector library libccora10g.so
I chased this down to the cron process requiring the LD_LIBRARY_PATH specified in $DSHOME/dsenv, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Thanks,
Doug
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Never encountered it, but can you source the dsenv script in the script that cron runs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

ray.wurlod wrote:Never encountered it, but can you source the dsenv script in the script that cron runs?
Hi Ray, normally yes, but in this case, the cron entry is created by Director.
Doug
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In that case dsenv should have been executed. Look in the second event in the job log (environment variables) and confirm that all the search list environment variables are correctly set. If not, fix dsenv. If they are, check the execution permissions for the library. Also check that the required generic symbolic link to that library exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

Ray, thanks so much for these recommendations. I'll look into it.

Doug
dougcl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dougcl »

ray.wurlod wrote:In that case dsenv should have been executed. Look in the second event in the job log (environment variables) and confirm that all the search list environment variables are correctly set. If not, fix dsenv. If they are, check the execution permissions for the library. Also check that the required generic symbolic link to that library exists.

Hi Ray, logs indicate the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is getting set properly. Job runs great if scheduled as run once, but fails if scheduled to run regularly. So it is definitely cron related. Seems this rules out permissions or symbolic link problems. We have a PMR in to IBM.

Thanks,
Doug