Unable to connect the database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasanna_anbu
Participant

Unable to connect the database

Post by prasanna_anbu »

I am using a PX DB2 API stage to connect the DB2 database, I could able to see the data in view data option but I got the below error while running.

Src_DB2API_MS_REFERENCE_DATA_MR2_M055_B_A,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1013N The database alias name or database name "S3MSDB01" could not be found. SQLSTATE=42705
DSTAGE-DB2CLI-0005`:`Unable to connect to DB2 server 'S3MSDB01'.

Any help on this please.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Are you connecting to the database on a remote server? If so, you need to invoke the DB2 instance using the environment available.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

kris007 wrote:Are you connecting to the database on a remote server? If so, you need to invoke the DB2 instance using the environment available.
I'm facing this issue as well, do we need have an entry in datastage server to connect to the DB2 database. [ Something similar to a TNS entry for Oracle?]
Arun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably in db2nodes.cfg. Check with your DB2 DBA. DataStage is just another client application as far as DB2 is concerned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.