IIS 8.1 backup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

igorbmartins
Participant

IIS 8.1 backup

Post by igorbmartins »

Good afternoon, I installed and setting the IIS 8.1 in the Windows 2003. Now I would like to create a procedure of backup, would you know how to do this procedure? I want to back up of projects Datastage, Qualitystage e Information Analyzer.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Create a BAT file with the Datastage EXPORT command. If you read the documentation you will find the syntax. It is really simple. You can backup at the Project level
Jim Stewart
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Chapter 13 of the manual Information Server Administration addresses the topics of backing up and restoring Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

Code: Select all

:###################################################################   
:#This script is used to take backups of Datastage jobs and                                               #   
:#components                                                              #   
:#The script can be added as a scheduled task and can be made to                                 #   
:#run in specific period of time.                                                                                                   #   
:#It can be used for any project just by providing the corresponding                                   #                          
:#credentials.                                   #   
:#Script reads the comma delimited job names from a file(here                                        #   
:#it is XXXX_JobNames.txt) and                                                                                                 #   
:#executes the DsExport command for each job.                                                                   #   
:#The DSX files are then moved to a folder which has current                                            #   
:#date appended to it                                           #   
:#                              #   
:#The password and other confidential information is NOT provided                               #   
:#here. Thus the script is not ready for use.                                                                            #   
:#After providing the required information the script can be used.                                     #   
:##################################################################   

@ECHO OFF   

:BEGIN   

CLS   

REM - Started Execution   

:# Provide the project name instead of XXXX   

ECHO Backups started for project XXXX........                    

REM - Creating current date string for appending to the folder name   

FOR /F "tokens=1,2,3 delims=/ " %%i in ('date/t') DO (   
      (set Dy=%%i)   
      (set Mth=%%j)   
      (set Yr=%%k)   
)   

REM - Creating a folder with the current date appended to its name   

MKDIR C:\Backups\XXXX_Bkp_%Dy%%Mth%%Yr%   

REM - One line from the 'XXXX_JobNames.txt' file is parsed at a time to do the export   

REM - Provide the Datastage login credentials and other details   
FOR /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=," %%j IN (XXXX_JobNames.txt) DO "c:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage7.5.2\DsExport" /H=<<HOSTNAME>>    

/U=<<USERNAME>> /P=<<PASSWORD>> /JOB=%%j XXXX XXXX_Bkp_%%j_%Dy%%Mth%%Yr%.dsx   

REM - Moving today's DSX files to the backup folder   

MOVE XXXX_Bkp_%%j_%Dy%%Mth%%Yr%.dsx C:\Backups\XXXX_Bkp_%Dy%%Mth%%Yr%   

ECHO Backups completed   

:END      

EXIT  
This is a batch we were using to back-up jobs. but in 7.5.2 I have not tested it in 8.1
Arun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The question was not solely about DataStage jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

I'm sorry... my bad! :(
Arun