Get records rejected from reference link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sagar deshmukh
Participant

Get records rejected from reference link

Post by sagar deshmukh »

How can I get records rejected at reference link....
I can get the records from source but is there any way to get reject at reference link in Lookup stage?

Thanks
SD
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

That gives source rejects what about the records from reference link?

IS there any condition i can set?
HariK
Participant

Post by HariK »

The other way is to use the refernce input as source or use join stage full outer join instead of lookup
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

I want rejected records from both source and reference......

full outer join will not give only rejected one.....
HariK
Participant

Post by HariK »

After full outer join, you have to use conditions(transformer or filters would do) to restrict records with match to first output, only in source to second output and only in referecne to third output.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

A reject link sourced from a lookup stream will facilitate propagation of rejected rows through that link. You can use this link to work of rejected rows.

If you are looking for rejects from reference, then you need to look into full outer join or merge stage - based on your requirement.

Maybe you can clarify your requirement.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

What exactly would you expect to see? If a stream row does not find a match in the reference lookup - what would you reject from the reference lookup? The only thing that can be sent down the reference link is the stream data - that, at least, is known.

Flip them and all you have is a bunch of rejects that do not have a match in the stream data (ref) table and, last time I checked, that can be a valid situation, but it may actually be what you want.

Everything from the reference or join etc... that did not match will be null (nothing there to match!).

Maybe I am missing the boat here??