CheckSum Stage Integer Value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kfb_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

CheckSum Stage Integer Value

Post by kfb_developer »

Can CheckSum Stage generate the checksum field in integer/Bigint ? If yes, Can you please explain me how.
kfb_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kfb_developer »

Does anyone have answer for this.... :roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Learn patience. I typically don't respond to posts at 4am my time.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. If you need one hour response, sign up with your official support provider for priority service (and good luck finding one who'll agree to a one hour SLA!) to learn just how much "urgent" costs.

Is there any reason you could not have consulted the manual or on-line help?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Use the checksum function and then examine the output character field. Do you think that can be converted to an integer or bigint?
kfb_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kfb_developer »

ray.wurlod wrote:Learn patience. I typically don't respond to posts at 4am my time.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. If you need one hour response, sign up with your official support provider for priority service (and good luck finding one who'll agree to a one hour SLA!) to learn just how much "urgent" costs.

Is there any reason you could not have consulted the manual or on-line help?
I am sorry Ray.. It was the pressure I was having at my work place which made me post the second reply. Dont take it bad on me. I tried on-line help and I cannot see much information about this. :oops:
kfb_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kfb_developer »

ArndW wrote:Use the checksum function and then examine the output character field. Do you think that can be converted to an integer or bigint?
I did and the output is alphanumeric and it looks like 'a78hfbge98'. I dont think this can be converted to integer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You did not get much in the way of an answer because (honestly) the answer really should have been fairly obvious - no. Unless you were looking for an option or switch of some kind to change the output format and again the answer would be no.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

kfb_developer - Now that you know that the output cannot be easily converted to an integer you have your answer. In a roundabout way, you could now do a checksum or similar conversion on that string and get a bigint value. While server jobs have a CRC32() function, PX does not. One would need to write or adapt c++ code or shell out to the OS in order to do that.
kfb_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kfb_developer »

Thank You for Your help.