Transformer Reject

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kpsita
Participant

Transformer Reject

Post by kpsita »

Hi,

I have a constraint in transformer like Field1 = Field2.

I have to collect all the records which do not meet the above condition. I created a reject link in the transformer and I check boxed the Otherwise/Log option after the above constraint. But this did not give me any records in the reject link.Is there any other option to collect rejects in transformer or do I have to do anything other than the Otherwise option.

Thank you
KPSITA
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

You can
1. Define an output link where the constraint is defined as Field 1 <> Field2
2. Instead of the reject link, use a regular output link and check the Otherwise/Log Option.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A reject link does not mean the same thing in a parallel Transformer stage as it does in a server Transformer stage. In the parallel Transformer stage it is the Otherwise/Log link that handles any row that has not been handled by any earlier output link in the output link execution order. The reject link handles any row that might have caused an exception (such as a divide by zero attempt, square root of a negative number attempt, etc.) in the Transformer stage. The reject link receives the input link unchanged. The reject link can not also serve as an Otherwise/Log link, as you seem to have attempted to do.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kpsita
Participant

Post by kpsita »

Thank you !!!!
KPSITA