Unable to connect the database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasanna_anbu
Participant

Unable to connect the database

Post by prasanna_anbu »

Hi,

I am not able to connect to a DB2 database from datastage.Its giving the error message like dsadm Username/Password is expired.But then when i was connectiing to the database using the same user id and password ,its working fine. Please help me on this.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could it be that you are connecting to different databases in DataStage and from the command line? That is the simplest explanation. Could you also post the exact error message, please?
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

Sorry please find the error message below.

dbeR_Transaction_C: Error Idx = 1;
DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR
PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
;
sqlcode = -30082;
sqlstate = 08001
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Are you using the same user id to connect to database via datastage and command line. This is a simple permissions issue where you either provided a wrong user name or password or both or the password got locked.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

kris007 wrote:Are you using the same user id to connect to database via datastage and command line. This is a simple permissions issue where you either provided a wrong user name or password or both or the password got locked.
Yes. I have used the same username and password in datastage and command line.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just to test that you are actually using the userid/password combination that you think, take another userid/password and use those as parameters to the database job. Is the error message the same or is it working?
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

I have tried with different username/password combination still the same error persist.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That should tell you that the entries you are putting into your job aren't the ones that DB2 is getting.
How are you declaring the userid/password in the job?
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

I defined it in the parameter set. and invoke the parameter set in the job.
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

The Datastage server is shared with Systest environment and Dev environment. but each environments having its own databases. there is no problem to connect the systest environment. I have faced the issue in dev environment.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Assuming your password is encrypted in your job properties, are you typing in your password there or are you referring it to an environment variable. Also, what DB2 stage are you using? API or Enterprise? Are you setting your password within the DB2 stage using #parametername# #$ENV_VARIABLE_NAME# or are you just typing in the password for dsadm? What exactly are you providing within the DB2 Stage?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
vinnu_p
Participant

Post by vinnu_p »

prasanna_anbu wrote:The Datastage server is shared with Systest environment and Dev environment. but each environments having its own databases. there is no problem to connect the systest environment. I have faced the issue in dev environment.
Are you getting the same issue when you are trying to "View" data from DStage job by putting the same username/password
prasanna_anbu
Participant

Post by prasanna_anbu »

I have used the enterprise stage and I passed the credentials as parameterset values. The Password is hardcode in the parameterset against the database name. I am getting the same error when I tried to viewdata.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What happens if you test it without hardcoded parameter values, perhaps make a copy and manually type in the values - does it work then? If yes, then you can start to track back the error.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

What is the db2nodes.cfg file entries?
Arvind