Maximum length while generating an XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vignesh Shanmugam
Participant

Maximum length while generating an XML

Post by Vignesh Shanmugam »

We have a requirement in which we are generating an XML with repeating Layout like given below
(e.g):-

-<Claims>
-<Feature>
+<Data1>
+<Data2>
+<Data3>
</Feature>
+<Feature>
+<Feature>
</Claims>

Please do note that Data1 is a tag.One Feature can have "N" number of Data1,similarly Data2 and so on.

Now what i am trying to do is .

I am generating all the Feature related Data in a XML and storing it in a
"File Set" in a single column of Data type (LongVarChar)---(99999).

When i try to link this column from the File to generate XML at Claim Level.
The data is getting truncated saying

Error Msg:-
_________

File_Set_132,0: The message's length (81125) exceeds the limit (65467) and it can't be broken at newlines; the message is truncated.

I have defined the length has 99999(Varchar). How to over come this
Is there is any other datatype in Datastage which could be defined with length greater than this.

Please suggest some approach.This is very Important for my project.

Thanks in advance!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've deleted your duplicate post on this topic, there's no need to post the exact same issue under a slightly different topic. If you need to clarify something, please do so in the original post by replying to it or editing it.

For grins, I'll paste the other contents here even though they are virtually identical:
Vignesh Shanmugam also wrote:The maximum length of a column in "Sequential File" of "File Set" is set has (65463) by default. When i am writing a record of length (79727) to this column it is not giving any warning.

But when i try to do Join or Lookup with the file with a Key column then ,I was not able to extract the Entire record of Length (79727).It is giving the following warning and truncates the data.

Warning Message:-
-----------------------
The message's length (79727) exceeds the limit (65463) and it can't be broken at newlines; the message is truncated.

How to Increase this limit in Datastage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers