DSJOB Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

Hi,

the problem is with path...

cd /opt/IBM/IIS/InfoSrv81/Server/DSEngine

from above path,go to bin directory and then execute the command
thanks n regards
nani
Shaanpriya
Participant

Post by Shaanpriya »

Tried that as well. Again getting the same issue. Even
dsjob -lprojects
doesnt work
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Spend some time learning about what the PATH environment variable does in the operating system.

Since neither the parent directory of the dsjob command nor the current working directory is specified in your command search list (that is, PATH), you will continue to get the "not found" message if you persist in using an unqualified command.

There is no issue with dsjob. The problem is between the chair and the keyboard.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Shaanpriya
Participant

Post by Shaanpriya »

I have cded into the directory where the dsjob is stored. i am trying to run it from there. Is this not right??
Shaanpriya
Participant

Post by Shaanpriya »

yes..

Used the below query

/opt/IBM/IIS/InfoSrv81/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -server SERVER-user UN-password PWD-run -wait 'Path1=/home/cdhuser/USERNAME/file.txt''Path2=/home/cdhuser/USERNAME/reconfile.txt''Dsnsource=DSN_dv''Dsnusername=USERNAME''Dsnpassword=PASSWORD''RejPath=/home/cdhuser/USERNAME/reject.txt''SuccessFile=/home/cdhuser/USERNAME/successfile.txt' Training File_Table_reconcile_Final..

Atleast now it doesnt say dsjob not found..

It nows throws the below issue

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /opt/IBM/IIS/InfoSrv81/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libvmdsapi.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libvmdsapi.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Got a DS link for the above error..

Thanks !!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Before executing the "dsjob" command did you source the DataStage environment by executing ". $DSHOME/dsenv"? This sets up not only your PATH but also your library search paths.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Shaanpriya wrote:I have cded into the directory where the dsjob is stored. i am trying to run it from there. Is this not right??
More to it than that, as Ray indicated. If you are in the directory and that directory (or the ".") is not in your PATH then it still won't find it. You would need to use:

Code: Select all

./dsjob xxxxxxx
to tell it to look "here". That or fully path it, then it doesn't matter where you are. Command Line 101 stuff.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers