OpenSSH: workaround to implement SFTP in Parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

OpenSSH: workaround to implement SFTP in Parallel jobs

Post by FranklinE »

I'm faced with the enviable task of implementing SFTP in new development under a strong pressure to not upgrade to 8x. Has anyone looked into implementing SFTP in a parallel job, and/or attempting to use the Connection option in FTP Enterprise to use SFTP? In the meantime, has anyone attempted to use command-line or before-job scripts to use SFTP?

Before anyone answers, under the heading of when it rains it pours: I already know I can use a separate job to transfer to a landed file on the Unix server. With performance and service level pressures, my preference is to stream that data directly into the job(s) that need that data, as I would be able to do with the Enterprise or plug-in stages. The other requirement is that some of my extract sources will be MVS mainframe datasets with comp-3 numeric fields. FTP Enterprise already works well for me, I just won't be able to use it. Thanks.