Bind variable in the OCI stage differ from 7.1 to 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

Bind variable in the OCI stage differ from 7.1 to 8.1

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

I want to share one of my exp in the upgradation.we have a job in which we used a OCI stage as reference to a Transformer in which we used a query

select col1,col2,col3,col4 from Table where col2 =:2 (It's in 7.1 our prod server)

when we try export and import to DS 8.x the query changes to

select col1,col2,col3,col4 from Table where col2 =:1

where col2 is the key. i don't why it got changed or is DS changes by itself ? did any body had this earlier ?

Also i could not guess this as an issue because the job runs fine.

Any body have any thoughts.
RK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did this change happen after re-compilation of the job and does it still work correctly or incorrectly? What are your input columns (:2 would mean 2nd input column, perhaps that no longer exists).
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ArndW wrote:Did this change happen after re-compilation of the job and does it still work correctly or incorrectly? What are your input columns (:2 would mean 2nd input column, perhaps that no longer exists).
I did not check before recompilation but after compilation it works fine as job wise i am going to do the integartion testing today let you know how it behaves i did not get your second statement can you explain me in detail please.
RK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The :1 and :2 refer to column numbers - I can't see how those could have changed between versions.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ArndW wrote:The :1 and :2 refer to column numbers - I can't see how those could have changed between versions. ...
that's what i even wonder but in 7.1 is as Datastage Generated query so we can't able to see in the dsx as what it is putting into that so i feel more of a sparse look up in the 7.1 so it won't appear in the dsx.when we import it comes with :1.also integration testing went fine our look up is doing what it suppose to do so it's not an issue but why it is changing is what i wonder?
RK
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Can you re-import the job and check the values.

I remember that you cannot have :2 without :1. So it might have auto-adjusted.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Can you re-import the job and check the values.

I remember that you cannot have :2 without :1. So it might have auto-adjusted.
The job in prod has the Datstage generated query with :2 and running fine.That's true we can't have :2 without :1 but as coln 2 is key i feel that look up is ok.
RK