DB2/UDB enterprise stage Message file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2/UDB enterprise stage Message file

Post by dsusersaj »

Message file name is specified in the job. But i do not see this being created in the specified path. Also is there any log files that get created when DB2 Load is excuted. Like in oralce the *.log file?.

My job wouldn't give any warning for any rejection during inserts. But i see 15 rows missing from what is coming from input.

My job design is

datasets-->funnel(continuos)---->db2/udb enterprise(load).

The counts match when I do performance statistics. I see inout count(total)=output link count.But for one of the datasets, 700 rows are coming from input. But only 685 rows appear in the target table. I want to know why this is getting dropped. So I was wondering if there is any log file created during the load.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Add a reject output to your DB2 stage and you will see the rejected rows as well as their SQL error codes.
anand_dafaria
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anand_dafaria »

You would be able to see the db2 loader's log file on the unix box where your db2 server resides. You can get the path from the config file in which dbnodes are defined.
dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusersaj »

ArndW wrote:Add a reject output to your DB2 stage and you will see the rejected rows as well as their SQL error codes. ...
Reject link doesn't go with the stage when the write method is 'Load'.
dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusersaj »

anand_dafaria wrote:You would be able to see the db2 loader's log file on the unix box where your db2 server resides. You can get the path from the config file in which dbnodes are defined.
Its the same directory which is specified n my job to create the message file. If the log file is something different will it have an extension of '.log'?.

Anyways I dont see any such file in that directory.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Are you sure the 700 input records are distinct records? I would check that by putting a Remove Duplicates stage after your Funnel Stage. Usually, partial records get dropped when there is a key contention. As per the message file, I think it gets created only when your load job fails which is not your case. I might be wrong but that's what I think.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
dsusersaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusersaj »

kris007 wrote:Are you sure the 700 input records are distinct records? I would check that by putting a Remove Duplicates stage after your Funnel Stage. Usually, partial records get dropped when there is a key contention. As per the message file, I think it gets created only when your load job fails which is not your case. I might be wrong but that's what I think.
I did this and found out that these are duplicates. Sorry for not replying back..
Its starnge that the stage wouldn't log any warnings for these rejects due to dupes.

Thanks .