how to specify Sparse Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kravids
Participant

how to specify Sparse Lookup

Post by kravids »

Iam new to datastage and i came to know about sparse lookup. I tried to see that option in the Look Up Stage but i coudnt find it. Can you please specify me in brief how to specify and where in the lookup stage.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: how to specify Sparse Lookup

Post by vivekgadwal »

kravids wrote:Iam new to datastage and i came to know about sparse lookup. I tried to see that option in the Look Up Stage but i coudnt find it. Can you please specify me in brief how to specify and where in the lookup stage.
This option is in the "Enterprise" stage of the database you are trying to use. I mean, if you are accessing Oracle or DB2, the sparse lookup option is present in their corresponding Enterprise stage. Please go through the documentation on how to do this.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
Shaanpriya
Participant

Re: how to specify Sparse Lookup

Post by Shaanpriya »

kravids wrote:Iam new to datastage and i came to know about sparse lookup. I tried to see that option in the Look Up Stage but i coudnt find it. Can you please specify me in brief how to specify and where in the lookup stage.
The lookup type can be specified in the Lookup type field in the source category of the database stages