TD Ent stage returns: Insufficient blocks for partition 2.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

TD Ent stage returns: Insufficient blocks for partition 2.

Post by bobyon »

Have seen several posts regarding this error but it seems most of them were realted to a lookup. In my case the situation is a TD Enterprise stage feeding a Transformer.

The following error occurs occassionally:

Code: Select all

TD_GET_EmailSuppresionInfo,2: Insufficient blocks for partition 2. Reading suppressed.
In the TD Ent stage the requestedsessions is set to 16 and the sessionsperplayer =4 which should match nicely with our 4 node configuration file.

Looking back at the Director logs, it appears this warning occurs any time one or more of the nodes does not return data. However, I do not know what controls how the data is distributed across the nodes. I have in some runs had just 4 rows returned, one per node and at other times had several rows returned to just 2 nodes.

any advice/information/suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
Bob
Bob
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Maybe a more specific question will be better at generatiing some response.

What determines how data is distributed across the nodes when retrieving data from Teradata via the Teradata Enterprise stage? Is that a function of something within Teradata or is it a result of how the Section Leader or Conductor formulates the SQL presented to Teradata?

(Please see previous post for more background.)

Thanks,
Bob
Bob