reject link in join stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhargav_dd
Premium Member
Premium Member

reject link in join stage

Post by bhargav_dd »

can any one please how to implement reject link in join stage? i have data to be joined and if i get any rejects in the data i have to store it in reject link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no such thing as a reject from a join - just like in SQL you get the result of the join. Nothing more, nothing less.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

outer join -> filter (check for nulls on the other side, ie: non-join)
join -> good link
non-join -> reject link
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because join's don't have rejects, the Join stage does not support a reject link.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

ray.wurlod wrote:Because join's don't have rejects, the Join stage does not support a reject link. ...
Trying to read between the lines: this would simulate what he appears to be looking for.
Work with me here Ray. ;-)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but a Join stage is not the correct stage type. Either a Lookup stage or a Merge stage is needed to get a reject link. That's the point I'm making.