Hardcoded values in transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hardcoded values in transformer stage

Post by dodda »

Hi All,

Iam analysing one of the job in that i have seen the value for one column hardcoded as '$1'.

Can someone tell me which value it refers to '$1' if we hardcode in transformer.
venugopal.123
Participant

Re: Hardcoded values in transformer stage

Post by venugopal.123 »

Its nothing but 1 dollor for that particular column i think this is fixed value for that particular column... There is no other mean for 1$...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1$ is not the same as $1 which is what is in the original post and which can mean something other than "one dollar". However, there's no way for anyone else to know without seeing the job and knowing something about the environment it is running it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dodda »

I'm using IBM websphere 8.0 And the job is server job
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Fine. Doesn't really help answer your question however.

Can you not ask this question of whomever wrote the job? Anything in the Long Description that may provide a clue, any Annotation on the canvas? I'm sure I already know the answer to all those questions but they need to be asked, regardless.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I reckon someone may have attempted to use Derivation Substitution and got it wrong.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.