File name in the reject link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

File name in the reject link

Post by kogads »

Hi All,
I am using file pattern in sequential file to capture the data.I have a file name column to which populate the name of the file it is extracting.My problem is the reject link data is not showing the file name. How do I know which file is rejecting the data if file name is not populated in reject link.
vkhandel
Participant

Re: File name in the reject link

Post by vkhandel »

kogads wrote:Hi All,
I am using file pattern in sequential file to capture the data.I have a file name column to which populate the name of the file it is extracting.My problem is the reject link data is not showing the file name. How do I know which file is rejecting the data if file name is not populated in reject link.
You can achieve the file name for the mismatch record using the "Column Import" Stage. The reject link of that stage will give you the concerned file name too.
kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kogads »

vkhandel wrote:
kogads wrote:Hi All,
You can achieve the file name for the mismatch record using the "Column Import" Stage. The reject link of that stage will give you the concerned file name too.
Thanks for the reply but I am afraid it cant be achieved using column import stage because we need to use sequential file stage to capture the files using file pattern option and when the sequential file rejects the record we never know which file is rejecting it.
vkhandel
Participant

Post by vkhandel »

I have verified the solution. You could read the files using file-pattern and then reject using Column Import stage. You must get the file-names in reject from column import stage.