problem regarding job compilation and running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rahul8055
Participant

problem regarding job compilation and running

Post by rahul8055 »

I have a job in datastage 8.0 version.

I dont know what's wrong in it.The job runs well some times but sometimes gets aborted.I didn't change anything in the job but Why do I have such problem?

Thanks

Rahul
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

What are the errors?....could be lots of things, from data to environment to................. what do you see in the log when it aborts, etc. more details....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

eostic wrote:What are the errors?....could be lots of things, from data to environment to................. what do you see in the log when it aborts, etc. more details....

Ernie
Thanks ernie,
what happens is job runs properly for an hour or 2 hrs,suddenly when I run it again it aborts.after 2 hrs again it runs properly.
There are many errors and job aborts in the first 4 steps....actually the errors start from the very first step.why is it so sometimes it works properly and sometimes not....

thanks,
rahul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My motorcycle doesn't start. What's wrong with it?

If you had had the foresight to post the error messages you are getting (exactly) - that is, the symptoms of the problem - we might be in a better position to offer cogent advice. As things stand, that is not possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rahul8055
Participant

jobs warnings

Post by rahul8055 »

ray.wurlod wrote:My motorcycle doesn't start. What's wrong with it?

If you had had the foresight to post the error messages you are getting (exactly) - that is, the symptoms of the problem - we might be in a better position to offer cogent advice. As things stand, that is not possible.

thank you,
1.warning:-Remove_Duplicates_UniqueRow_ID: When checking operator: User inserted sort "Sort_324" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "Remove_Duplicates_UniqueRow_ID"
2.warning:-Copy_of_Lookup_Consumer_Key: Schema field city_cd in input data set 0 not present in design time information. Extended field properties for this field will not be available
same warning different field names....like city_cd,state_cd,zip......

thanks,
rahul
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

start searching for each warning message and then correct in in the job, these are common warning you are getting.

Hints:

1. User inserted sort "Sort_324" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator

this warning you get when the sort before remove duplicate doesn't have the same keys specified.

2. Schema field city_cd in input data set 0 not present in design time information

Generally comes because of RCP.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

priyadarshikunal wrote:start searching for each warning message and then correct in in the job, these are common warning you are getting.

Hints:

1. User inserted sort "Sort_324" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator

this warning you get when the sort before remove duplicate doesn't have the same keys specified.

2. Schema field city_cd in input data set 0 not present in design time information

Generally comes because of RCP.

Hi kunal,
1.there is a key specified in the sort...Unique_row_id
and i marked it as a primary key, I still get the same warnings.

2.Is there any way for changing the rcp settings? Let me know.

thanks,
rahul
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Fix the sort error first. What stage is immediately after the sort? It will be a join or funnel sort or some other stage which requires sorted input. What are the key columns in that stage - it must be identical to that specified in your sort stage.
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

ArndW wrote:Fix the sort error first. What stage is immediately after the sort? It will be a join or funnel sort or some other stage which requires sorted input. What are the key columns in that stage - it must be identical to that specified in your sort stage.

Hello,
there is no error arnd....there are lot of warnings saem warning on sort..

the path is..transformer---->sort-------->remove duplicates.

8 columns------------>8 colms------------->8colm..

this is the number of columns...I got the same warning....a lot in number...

thanks,
rahul
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

please post the sort key & sort order specified in Sort stage and Keys in remove duplicate stage.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

priyadarshikunal wrote:please post the sort key & sort order specified in Sort stage and Keys in remove duplicate stage.

sort key:-unique_row_id
sort order:-decending

key in remove duplicate stage:-unique_row_id

there are 8 columns in both the stages.

thanks,
Rahul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If there are no errors ("fatal") and only warnings and informational messages in the log, then the job does not abort. Tell us what is in the log when the job aborts - particularly the red icon events.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

ray.wurlod wrote:If there are no errors ("fatal") and only warnings and informational messages in the log, then the job does not abort. Tell us what is in the log when the job aborts - particularly the red icon event ...

The job has no errors,it does not abort.......My job is to get rid of the warnings...please...anyone help me with the warnings....thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: problem regarding job compilation and running

Post by ray.wurlod »

Curious. Earlier you stated:
rahul8055 wrote:The job runs well some times but sometimes gets aborted.
As to the others, search DSXchange for the texts of the error messages and resolve the respective causes based upon what you find.
rahul8055
Participant

Re: problem regarding job compilation and running

Post by rahul8055 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Curious. Earlier you stated:
rahul8055 wrote:The job runs well some times but sometimes gets aborted.
As to the others, search DSXchange for the texts of the error messages and resolve t ...

Yes ray you are right that errors problem was yesterday.....today I have only warnings a lot of warning.....My job now is to remove such warnings.......
I described the warnings in my previous posts.........2 warnings...only....but they are like 50 warnings of the same kind.....please check them and try to help me....

thanks
rahul