Job Compiles for a very long time.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsadm_ws
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Compiles for a very long time.

Post by dsadm_ws »

Hi

I have some problem importing and compiling jobs. We have a project (say Dev project - ProjA). We have 5 job and 3 sequences. the first job is a truncate table job and multiple instance is enabled 3 of the jobs are called by 3 sequences the remaining one is an individual job.

Now I imported these jobs into ProjB. All the jobs are very simple, source is a file and target is Oracle 10g table. We use one sequential file stage, transformer stage and oracle stage. When i made an export from the ProjA, the export was completed in less than 3 to 4 minutes. but when I'm importing them to ProjB its taking more than 3 to4 hours (importing with executable).

After that if I compile the jobs that's taking another 3 to four hours. This happens only because of one particular job. This job doesn't have any much transformation, (but very little, and we add 2 extra columns in the target table). Can somebody explain me why this happens. I'm planning to re design the job.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I don't think you have a job problem - it sounds like you have some sort of configuration problem.

Is Project B on a different system?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
dsadm_ws
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsadm_ws »

No both the projects are in the same box.

I made a copy of the job and i tried to recompile it and that is taking a long time to. Please let me know if you need any other information. I ran this job last week and here is the error message:

This is the fatal error that i got: but when i reset the job and ran it, it completed successfully.

Code: Select all

tmr_GL885_Aus_data: Failed to load the library "V0S4_PS_NW_AU_GL885_tmr_GL885_Aus_data.so"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not find "V0S4_PS_NW_AU_GL885_tmr_GL885_Aus_data" on the library search path defined by the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH; path: /opt/IBM/data/projects/NW_1OGL_FOUNDATION_DEV/buildop:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/data/projects/NW_1OGL_FOUNDATION_DEV/RT_BP924.O:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparc/client:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparc:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db/bin:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/db/lib32:/usr/lib:/lib.
dsadm_ws
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsadm_ws »

Hi

This is what happened, I was trying to open the transformer to get the properties window, but every time i double click or right click and click on properties, the transformer dosent opens. But I renamed the transformer and now Im able open it. We have a total of 183 columns in the transformer and we handle null for all the fields.

If IsNull(colname) Then Space(1) Else  (If TrimLeadingTrailing(col_name) < Space(1) Then Space(1) Else TrimLeadingTrailing(colname))

Thanks,
dsadm_ws
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsadm_ws »

Hi

Any idea?
laknar
Participant

Post by laknar »

Your Datastage version may be differ for the above problem.

Instead of the posted code try using this code and compile.

If Len(TrimLeadingTrailing(col_name))=0 Then Setnull()  Else TrimLeadingTrailing(colname)
Regards
LakNar