Trimming XML Output for MQ

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SBSA_DW2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trimming XML Output for MQ

Post by SBSA_DW2 »

Hi Guys
I'm on the verge of finally cracking an XML to MQ problem. Now I need to call ont eh experts :D

Steps followed:
1. Created job that creates XML. finished OK
2. Amended job to take XML and write out to MQ stage.. I have one column (the XML) coming from XMLOutput to MQ stage. The data type is LongVarchar and I've set length at 500k and Display to 500k.
3. XML is written to MQ but padded (where shorter) to be 500k wide

I have unchecked 'do not pad spaces on varchar columns' on the MQ stage, but no luck.

Question is: How do I inform MQ that the input is variable length, xml records can be any size depending on the input.

Thanks!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

That feature in the plugin should do it, unless it is an issue with EE. Try a test Server Job and see what happens (for the test, just use the folder stage and read your new shiny xml document from disk, using the "Built-In" Folder table definition on your output link, and then go to an intermediate transformer where you can drop the filename column and set your longvarchar and other properties before going into the MQ Stage.).....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>