Change Default OMD.XML.DIR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ersunnys
Participant

Change Default OMD.XML.DIR

Post by ersunnys »

Hi,

By Default, OMD.XML.DIR is set to "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/conf/etc/XmlFiles".

Is there any way to change the value of this variable, so that we can generate OMD Xml files into some other folder then "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/conf/etc/XmlFiles" ??

I really appreciate your help.
thanks,
Sunny
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

What is OMD.XML.DIR ? Never heard of it. Are you using it in XML output stage.

Regards
Sreeni
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Sunny,
ersunnys wrote:Is there any way to change the value of this variable, so that we can generate OMD Xml files into some other folder then "/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/conf/etc/XmlFiles"??
Why would you want to change it? The "XmlFiles" folder is required only to generate operational metadata as far as I know. So what exactly is the requirement?
Sreenivasulu wrote:What is OMD.XML.DIR ? Never heard of it.
OMD means "Open Mathematical Documents". It is a kind of algorithm to store XML files with versioning information.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And here I thought it meant Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. :wink:

Also curious why you feel any need to move it elsewhere. Space?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ersunnys
Participant

Post by ersunnys »

Thanks Guys for replies..
chulett wrote: Also curious why you feel any need to move it elsewhere. Space?
I have a typical scenario, and yes the reason of moving the files from DS installation folder to some other folder is Space and I want to keep these files in some other UNIX File Set...

from my understanding, there should be a way to change the value somewhere to generate these files at specified location, please help me out..

thanks,
Sunny
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not everything is configurable and I've never seen anything documenting how to change that. However, doesn't mean it isn't, hopefully someone knows something regarding this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ersunnys
Participant

Post by ersunnys »

chulett wrote:Not everything is configurable and I've never seen anything documenting how to change that. However, doesn't mean it isn't, hopefully someone knows something regarding this.
thanks craig for hope... :)
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Sunny,

I've got news from my AIX Admin that you can indeed change this location but the folder should be in the same server.

Now, If we make a new folder in the same server then the space issue will still be there.

So my suggestion is to increase the space in your server and keep the default value as it is.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
ersunnys
Participant

Post by ersunnys »

antonyraj.deva wrote:Hi Sunny,

I've got news from my AIX Admin that you can indeed change this location but the folder should be in the same server.

Now, If we make a new folder in the same server then the space issue will still be there.

So my suggestion is to increase the space in your server and keep the default value as it is.
Thanks for the information, it would be great if you can let me know how to change the location!
We have NFS shared drive installed on our server through which we can share files among different boxes, though its mounted on same server so we can access the folders in drive as local folders. I want to keep these files in that drive.

Thanks...
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

If it is NFS drives you are using, then changing the location won't create any problem I guess.

Create a link in AIX for your destination folder and map "XmlFiles" folder to it.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

ersunnys
Participant

Post by ersunnys »

antonyraj.deva wrote:If it is NFS drives you are using, then changing the location won't create any problem I guess.

Create a link in AIX for your destination folder and map "XmlFiles" folder to it.
Hi,

This is exactly what I am doing at the moment, I was just curious to know if there is any other alternate to change this default location!

Thanks for help...
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.