Problem in reading special characters ,while reading from MQ

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raghu22
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in reading special characters ,while reading from MQ

Post by raghu22 »

Hi,
I am reading a file from MQ and place in a sequential file.

I am unable to read special characters (eg: registered trademark)

Is there any property in MQ connector to set, for displaying the special characters correctly.

Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It should be just "bytes". What problems are you having? I wouldn't try to view the data anywhere within ds, but if you write it to a sequential file, and open that with an editor that can see hex, I would expect the data to still exist as it was in the original queue..... how you "view" it may depend on the tool that you are using to read the target...

On the other hand, it is also possible that the trademark symbol was damaged along the way....how do you know it's a trademark (what tool are you using to read it?)....and are you looking at it prior to it ever being put into MQ, or while it is already in MQ? ...while it is in the source queue, or the target queue? Find out from the MQ team if there is any conversion going on within MQ.....often there are ebcdic to ascii conversions happening at what is called the 'channel" level.....

lots of possibilities....the data might be fine, and needs to be viewed properly, or the data might be corrupted --- before or during your reading of it....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>