Program Sources in Manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gopinath
Participant

Program Sources in Manager

Post by Gopinath »

Hi,

I am trying to take a dsx from Manager. While selecting i will select the two options "JOB DESIGN" and "JOB EXECUTABLE" alone. We have another option called PROGRAM SOURCES under JOB EXECUTABLES, do we need to check this option.

If Yes, why need to select and if not what will be the impact in the code.
Can anyone help me here..
Gopinath
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since the dsx is really just a sequential file, you could always do two exports and examine them for any differences based on your choices. :wink:

As far as I know, if you've included the "designs" then you don't need to include the program sources as they are synonymous. Seems to me that "Program Sources" option gives you the ability to select just executables and then automatically include their design time information without have to make sure you pick the exact same list twice.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Gopinath
Participant

Post by Gopinath »

chulett wrote:Since the dsx is really just a sequential file, you could always do two exports and examine them for any differences based on your choices. :wink:

As far as I know, if you've included the "designs" then you don't need to include the program sources as they are synonymous. Seems to me that "Program Sources" option gives you the ability to select just executables and then automatically include their design time information without have to make sure you pick the exact same list twice.

Thanks You so much...
Gopinath