Job in Hung state

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

makreddy
Participant

Job in Hung state

Post by makreddy »

Hi,
I Have a simple job which reads from dataset and updates a table. The dataset has 5000 Rows. The jobs keep on running for ever. I am able to insert and update the records manually into the table.

Any idea what could be the issue.

Thanks
Aravind
Aravind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably that the job HAS finished but for whatever reason has not updated the status table that is read by Director. Or maybe you have a really long-running after-job subroutine, or your after-job subroutine set its ErrorCode argument to a non-zero value.

This is an occasion for the Clear Status File option in Director to be used.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... is the job actually still running? Can you find processes for it when you grep? Either you have a locking issue (if yes) or (if no) a need to clear the status file from the Director, it seems to me.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
franco
Participant

Re: Job in Hung state

Post by franco »

do you hav more than 1 row for the primary key combination in the dataset and the job execution mode is parallel ?