Error while loading data to DB2 table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agpt
Participant

Error while loading data to DB2 table

Post by agpt »

Hi All,

I am trying to load some data to DB2 table and getting the following error:

main_program: Error loading "orchdb2op": Could not load "orchdb2op": 0509-022 Cannot load module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o.
0509-150 Dependent module libdb2.a(shr_64.o) could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libdb2.a(shr_64.o).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
0509-022 Cannot load module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o.
0509-150 Dependent module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o could not be loaded.. [api/opreg.C:287]

Can anybody tell me what may be happening?
ArndW
Participant

Re: Error while loading data to DB2 table

Post by ArndW »

agpt wrote:Hi All,

I am trying to load some data to DB2 table and getting the following error:

main_program: Error loading "orchdb2op": Could not load "orchdb2op": 0509-022 Cannot load module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o.
0509-150 Dependent module libdb2.a(shr_64.o) could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libdb2.a(shr_64.o).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
0509-022 Cannot load module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o.
0509-150 Dependent module /data/ds/Projects/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin/orchdb2op.o could not be loaded.. [api/opreg.C:287]

Can anybody tell me what may be happening?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do an exact search for Error loading "orchdb2op" and see if any of the other people having the same issue help you out.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Arulan,

The "orchdb2op.o" file is not present in the version 8. Instead "orchdb2op8.o" will be present.

The confusing bit is why datastage is searching for a non existent file :?

--Tony
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search. I'm assuming it looks for a more 'generic' name that is linked to the proper versioned file and I've seen that link creation fail (for whatever reason) during setup. Manually creating it gets you going again.

My guess for the solution here based on personal experience with other databases. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error while loading data to DB2 table

Post by ghila »

Hi,

I already got this problem last week. Seems the problem is not on "orchdb2op" library but on the "libdb2.a" first. "libdb2.a" is a DB2 libray.
So if you add the path to .../lib64 in LIBPATH in dsenv file, that should work.

We added /opt/IBM/db2/V9.5/lib64 and that worked for us. You can do a "find" for "libdb2.a" on your machine in order to see what path you should use.

Regards.

Daniel
Regards,

Daniel
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Daniel,

I'm facing the same issue too. The version of DB2 we use is 8 with Fix Pack 11 (That makes it V8.2).

The libdb2.a is available either for V9/lib32 or V9/lib64. Now which entry should I make in the dsenv file.

And is DB2 V8.2 compatible with DS 8.1?

Thanks in advance....
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

lib64 if you have a 64-bit version of DataStage (e.g. on AIX 6.1) or lib32 if you have a 32-bit version of DataStage.

DataStage is just another client application as far as DB2 is concerned. We are using DataStage 8.1 to connect to DB2 versions 7.1.1, 9.5 and 9.7. Based on that combination, I would have to deduce that 8.2 is also possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Ray,

We 64 bit AIX and hence I modified the LIBPATH to lib64. Still I'm unable to load.

I'll paste the complete log details in a new post.

Thanks for the help.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."