wrapper stage failing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasam
Participant

wrapper stage failing

Post by vasam »

Hi All,

In my job we are using wrapper stage to listout all the files in particular directory.

when i am executing my job i am getting below error.

Wrapper printed bad property list: Expected "{", got: <eof>, line 2; stdout text: ##E IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00385 21:55:38(039) <main_program> Exec(ls.op) failed: No such file or directory

I ran this job in dev ,it ran succfully. but in SIT its throwing above error.

Please suggest me what are all things i need to do to resolve this issue

Thanks in Advance,
Vijay
vijayakumargoud
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"No such file or directory" seems pretty clear and should be the first thing to check.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vasam
Participant

Post by vasam »

Thanks for your reply,

ls.op file is exist in /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/CBMDR_PRT/wrapped directory.

Eventhough its giving error.

Thanks,
Vijay
vijayakumargoud
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What about access rights to the directory and its contents (for the userid that you are running DataStage under)? Try temporarily changing the access to 777 to see if this might be the cause.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The directory in which ls.op is exists, but what about the directory it's meant to be listing? Does that exist and do you have requisite permission to it and its parents?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Leedor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: wrapper stage failing

Post by Leedor »

Hi All,

We just came across this error too and it turned out to be one of the developers sending the .op file to the server in binary mode instead of ascii thereby leaving in control characters.

Hope that helps someone someday.

Lee