handling issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raju4u
Participant

handling issue

Post by raju4u »

Hi
i read the 2 files in 2 different jobs.now i am trying to lookup one file with other and getting the out ,key i mentioned and datatypes are same for both .
when i run the job i am getting the following error
:

Lookup_0,0: Un-handled conversion error on field "name " from source type "string[max=255]" to destination type "int32":
source value="rrrr"; the result is non-nullable and there is no handle_null to specify a default value.
Un-handled conversion error on field "name " from source type "string[max=255]" to destination type "int32":
source value="tyty"; the result is non-nullable and there is no handle_null to specify a default value.

can anybody help me on this topic

thanks.
N R REDDY
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

handling issue

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Hi Raju,

The Error Log clearly says that you are trying to convert some character value to integer value. This can be identified from "source type string[max=255] to destination type int32"... Try fixing this error by ensuring that both your source and target is having the same data type mentioned. Also ensure to perform a NULL Handling scenario because there is one more error mentioned out there which says "the result is non-nullable and there is no handle_null to specify a default value"... Try these fixes and then let me know if you still have any issues...
Regards
Ajay
raju4u
Participant

Re: handling issue

Post by raju4u »

ajay.vaidyanathan wrote:Hi Raju,

The Error Log clearly says that you are trying to convert some character value to integer value. This can be identified from "source type string[max=255] to destination type int32"... Try fixing this error by ensuring that both your source and target is having the same data type mentioned. Also ensure to perform a NULL Handling scenario because there is one more error mentioned out there which says "the result is non-nullable and there is no handle_null to specify a default value"... Try these fixes and then let me know if you still have any issues...

Hi

I verified that all the datatypes from source and target are same .one thing what i found from look up unmatced coloumns gives null right i handled that with specific condition to other link now it is working fine.

but the problem is from source it is 5 recodrs and from the lookup 4 records comming . once the job is finished then it should show from sourcr 5 and from lookup 4 right ,but from lookup also it is showing 5 records.
can anybody help me.
thanks
N R REDDY
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The error message is quite clear, in your lookup input the column "name" is declared as an integer where it was previous defined as a string. Fix this problem and your dropped rows issue will also disappear.