Jobs attached to the sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suman27
Participant

Jobs attached to the sequencer

Post by suman27 »

Hi,
I have a requirement to log the warning for all jobs attached to the particular sequencer. For example, I have 3 sequencers. So I will have three log files one for each sequencer. Log file will have the warning/Fatal messages of the jobs attached to the particular sequencer. Is there any way to find the list of jobs attached to the particular sequencer?

Thanks in advance,
Suman.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From the Sequence job's log. Note that there can be a difference between the ones it actually ran and all it could have run, I'm assuming you need the former.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

Thanks Craig. But can I take this details using any DSJob function? I need to implement a logic based on the jobs on which sequencer is attached.

From the forum I come to know, using DSGetJoBInfo(vhandle, DSJ.JOBCONTROLLER) , it is possible to get the sequence name for the job. Similarly is there any function available to get the list of jobs for each sequencer?

Regards,
Suman.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DSSearch will do that, I believe.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suman27
Participant

Post by suman27 »

DSearch -ljobs SequencerName gives list of jobs used by the sequencer. Thanks Craig
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sequencers don't use jobs.

Sequences do.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.