Create file in Local drive

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kpsita
Participant

Create file in Local drive

Post by kpsita »

Hi,

I am trying to create a seq file in a local drive (i.e C). I gave the path in seq file stage like C:\path\file.txt. The job ran fine.

When I goto the C drive and look for the file, I don't see that file. But when I try to view the data using datastage I can view the data.But not manually when I goto C drive becaus I don't see that file in that drive. Can someone help me on this.

thanks a lot
KPSITA
swarnkar
Participant

Re: Create file in Local drive

Post by swarnkar »

kpsita wrote:Hi,

I am trying to create a seq file in a local drive (i.e C). I gave the path in seq file stage like C:\path\file.txt. The job ran fine.

thanks a lot
Your job runs on server and file would be created on the server only,
unless you have some mechanism to ftp file to you local drive, it would
be remain on the server.

Your job has created a file at the default directory, so you could see the data, but it is not ftped to your local machine.

Thanks,
Nitin Swarnkar
kpsita
Participant

Post by kpsita »

thank you Nithin.

I raised this question because, I have a file in my local directory which is almost 4gb. I wanted to load this file to a table. So i tried ftp'ing this to unix server, but gave me error due to file size.So I had this question if we can read or write directly from local drive.

Can you please suggest me how do I load this file(4gb) to a table.This file is in my local drive.

Thanks for your help !!!!
KPSITA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not possible. Get the FTP limits changed, if only temporarily. 4GB is nothing for FTP.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your sources need to be 'local' to the DataStage server, be that truly on the server or NFS mounted so that it appears that way. As noted, get your limits changed so it can be moved properly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have a UNIX file called "C:\path\file.txt" (probably "C:pathfile.txt") in the project directory on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gaurav_shukla
Participant

Post by gaurav_shukla »

only way i can think of ..is to split input file in 2 or more files and FTP it to UNIX server ...and then join it for processing..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or get the limit raised. A 2GB limit is so... 80s. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers