Invalid argvalue Warning.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

partheev123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Invalid argvalue Warning.

Post by partheev123 »

Hello all,

In my job I am passing sqlquery as parameter (JOB PARAMETER : SQL_QUERY).

[code]
Source
|
|
|
Transformer--> Oracle_enterprise1(log for SQL_QUERY)
|
|
|
Target [/code]

I need to load this same sqlquery into a table(Oracle_enterprise1) for log.
So for that I am using a transformer where i created a stage variable and assigned the job parameter to it and loaded into the table.
Everything is fine. I am able to pass the SQL_QUERY as a parameter and pull the required columns, but as the query has join conditions('= 'sign) I see a warning message :(

Warning.
Transformer: Invalid argvalue `SQL_QUERY= Select e.empno,d.dname from emp e ,dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno' missing =.[/quote]
Last edited by partheev123 on Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please wrap your "design" in Code tags to preserve its format.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
partheev123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by partheev123 »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]Please wrap your "design" in Code tags to preserve its format.[/quote]

Hello all,

In my job I am passing sqlquery as parameter (JOB PARAMETER : SQL_QUERY).

[code]
Source
|
|
|
|
Transfomer----> Oracle_enterprise1
|
|
|
|
|
Target

I need to load this same sqlquery into a table(Oracle_enterprise1) for log.
So for that I am using a transformer where i created a stage variable and assigned the job parameter to it and loaded into the table.
Everything is fine. I am able to pass the SQL_QUERY as a parameter and pull the required columns, but as the query has join conditions('= 'sign) I see a warning message

Warning.
Transformer: Invalid argvalue `SQL_QUERY= Select e.empno,d.dname from emp e ,dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno' missing =.[/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It apparently has no formatting. To speak of. :?

Wrap your "sql query" in whatever quotes you are not using inside your query. If you use single quotes inside it, wrap it (the whole it) in double-quotes so everyone knows it is just a string and so to not try and interpret it. Or vice versa. See if that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers